Thursday, February 3, 2011

Rejection I Can Take

So, I mentioned in an earlier post some bitterness over having been interviewed and then left to realize that silence means "no".

Today, I got told "no" by Canadian Tire and they didn't even interview me. This is the difference between a company I will consider applying to again and one that I won't bother to think about again.

We would like to thank you once again for your recent resume exploring the employment opportunity of <redacted> with Canadian Tire.
We have carefully assessed your qualifications in light of the requirements of the position. While your experience and qualifications were certainly of interest, we are currently pursuing other candidates whose background more closely meets our immediate needs.
While we will not be proceeding further with your resume for this position, please be assured that your profile will be confidentially maintained, in our database, for consideration as other appropriate positions become available. We also invite you to visit our website regularly and apply on-line to other opportunities that may be of interest to you.
We thank you for your interest in Canadian Tire and wish you success in your future endeavours.
Now I wasn't born yesterday. I know that this is an entirely automated process and that they likely didn't even glance at my resume. The greater likelihood is that my answers to their pre-screening questions on their recruitment website didn't match their search criteria and I got thrown onto a mass mail rejection letter list. Nonetheless, they are capitalizing on the use of technology to not piss anyone off and at least give the impression of caring.

Thank you, Canadian Tire. It relieves me to know that I can walk the aisles of your store and know that I am (sorta) loved.

No comments:

Post a Comment